31 October 2007

Hair Trial Preparation

I don't have the luxury of hiring someone to do my hair and make-up for the wedding. We are going to the less developed side of the country and there aren't the resources available to be able to call up a hair person. So my maid-of-honor has agreed to step up and help me out in this department. She is actually giddy, "I love doing wedding hair" was her response. Since she is coming out this weekend we'll give it a few tries. Here are some of the inspiration pictures I am going for.


In the last year I have purchased a hair dryer and a curling iron to begin to go after this look. I have naturally wavy to curly hair. I know that in the humid tropics I need to try to get out as much moisture as possible for the look to stay. Ideally on my wedding day I'll play in the ocean then shower (but not shampoo my hair), and let my hair air dry before we go after it with implements, clips, twisting, and non-aerosol spraying. I like the loose chignon like the third image but don't know how that will hold up with my hair after a few hours and a possible drizzle. I may need to do something more sleek like the first image. I just want to look CUTE or even HAWT :)

1 comment:

Christy said...

Take lots of pics of your trials and share on TK! I can't wait to see what you girls come up with.